Transitions are difficult, especially among senior-level leaders. What an organisation needs in the next six months and beyond may be drastically different from what was required in the last quarter. Savvy organisations instinctively look within for future leaders, investing resources to effectively engage and prepare today’s employees for tomorrow’s priorities.
SHL SUCCESSION PLANNING: IDENTIFYING LEADERS AND ADVANCING YOUR BEST INTERNAL CANDIDATES
- Determine key roles essential to business success
- Define required competencies for future roles
- Identify suitable internal candidates using assessment tools to evaluate skills, behaviours and potential
- Objectively match employee strengths to potential roles
- Prepare staff to transition to key roles as opportunities arise
- Equip high-potential employees to manage progressively advanced responsibilities
- Accelerate ramp-up to full productivity with internal vs. external hires
- Reduce risk of derailment by preparing proven internal talent well in advance of transition
DON’T LOOK IN THE REAR-VIEW MIRROR TO MAKE YOUR NEXT SUCCESSION DECISION
Organisations often replace successful senior leaders by assuming that what worked in the past will work in the future. Effective Succession Planning ensures that new leaders are selected based on the needs of the future organisation. With clear paths to pursue opportunities, top talent will remain committed to contributing to your business success.
Download more information about our Succession Planning solutions
Discover your potential for return on investment
By identifying talent and filling vacancies internally, we are saving time and money.~Richard Bull