Candidate Support Data Protection Notice
Please read this Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) to continue. It sets out how and why SHL Group Limited collects your personal information in providing support to you as a candidate when requesting support on one of our products.
This Notice was last updated 02 December 2021. THE UPDATE WAS TO PROVIDE FURTHER CLARIFICATION ON WHERE PERSONAL DATA IS STORED.
1 Who we are
This Notice describes how SHL Group Limited of The Pavilion, 1 Atwell Place, Thames Ditton, Surrey KT7 0NE, England, and its affiliates (together, SHL or we or us) respectively use your information collected through this online Live Chat Form or the Email Form ("Candidate Support").
We will process and collect information about you when you complete Candidate Support in accordance with this Notice.
Some information is “Personal Information”, meaning information about you or from which we can identify you.
This Notice also covers us, and our affiliated group of companies, where we are the data controller. Each group company is
a data controller and we've listed them here.
This Notice sets out the way we use your information: what is collected, how it is collected, how it is used, why it is used, who it is shared with and the rights to which you will be entitled.
2 SHL as the Data Controller
When you complete Candidate Support, we will collect Personal Information about you for the purposes outlined below. We will be data controller in respect of this information and we will be responsible for your Personal Information including for what purposes your information is collected and used.
If you have any questions on the processing of your data by us you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What we collect
1. Candidate Information that you give us by completing Candidate Support, which includes your:
b. name of Company you are taking the test for;
c. email address;
d. country of residence;
e. preferred language;
f. telephone number; and
g. account log in details.
2. Technical Information relating to the systems you used to complete Candidate Support and any assessment you are
- browser types;
- operating systems;
- IP addresses;
- Date / time stamps.
How we use it
We use your Candidate Information and Technical Information to identify issues with the assessment and your experience of it and to provide you with service support.
Why we use it
We use your Candidate Information and Technical Information because we have a legitimate business interest in understanding how our assessments are accessed, how they are used and helping you to solve any problems you have with our assessments across multiple devices.
If you require further information regarding our legitimate interests as applied to your personal data, you may contact the DPO on the contact details below.
We will also process your Personal Information if it is necessary on reasonable request by a law enforcement or regulatory
authority, body or agency or in the defence of a legal claims against us.
How long we keep it
We keep your Candidate Information and Technical Information for a maximum of seven years. We will not delete your Personal Information if it is relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
Where your Personal Information will be held
We store your Personal Information in our Salesforce application located in the United Kingdom. If you use the Live Chat Form, we also temporarily store your name and email address for a period of 30 days in Singapore with our third-party provider in order to develop our services to provide you better, more accurate support. If you do not want your personal data stored with our third-party provider, you must select the Email Form.
Employees of SHL affiliates around the globe will have access to your Candidate and Technical Information in order to provide you with support and provide our services. As some SHL affiliates are based in countries which do not have the equivalent data protection laws to those applicable in the EEA (European Economic Area) we have an Intragroup Agreement in place, signed by all SHL affiliates, which contains the European Union (EU) Standard Contractual Clauses (SCCs) which have been approved by the EU data protection authorities for the transfer of data outside the EEA. To the extent required, we also have in place additional standard clauses in the form of an addendum or addendums to comply with data protection laws of other jurisdictions, which may include, without limitation, South Africa and China. All SHL affiliates and our third-party suppliers have the same technical, physical, and administrative security controls and are required to comply with our data protection policies and procedures, applicable laws, and the terms of our customer contracts governing the collection and use of personal information. We are happy to provide you with copies of the regulator-approved SCCs, which you can request from our DPO whose details are below.
When do we share Personal Information
We have set out the circumstances in which we will share your data with third parties below:
- We will share a combination of your Candidate Information and Technical Information within our group companies when required to provide maintenance and support services and so that we can continue to improve the services we provide across the group;
- If we are discussing selling or transferring part or all of our/ their business, Personal Information will be transferred to prospective purchasers under suitable terms as to confidentiality;
- If we are reorganised or sold, Personal Information will be transferred to a buyer who can continue to provide services to you;
- If we are required to by law, or under any regulatory code or practice we follow, or if we are asked by any public or regulatory authority – for example the Police; and
- If we are defending a legal claim your Personal Information will be transferred as required in connection with defending such claim.
Data Subject Rights
We've listed the rights you have over your Personal Information and how you can use them below. These rights are subject to exemptions in applicable law and will only apply to certain types of information or processing. You can exercise these rights by contacting the DPO on the contact details below:
- You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your Personal Information and, if we are, you can ask for access to that Personal Information as well as further details including why your data is being used and for what purposes.
- You can ask to correct your Personal Information held by us if it's wrong.
- You can ask us to delete certain aspects of your Personal Information.
- You can ask us to restrict how we use your Personal Information.
- You can ask us to help you move certain Personal Information to other companies. To help with that you have a
right to ask that we provide your Personal Information in a machine readable format to another company.
- You can ask us to stop using your Personal Information, but only in certain cases. This applies where we are processing your personal information based on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and you can object to processing on this ground. However we will be entitled to continue processing your information based on our compelling legitimate interests.
You also have a right to make a complaint to a Supervisory Authority. Where we are the data controller you can contact the UK Information Commissioner's Office; or the local data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions about this Notice please contact our DPO at: email@example.com
9.3 Changes to this Notice
This Notice will be changed from time to time.
If we change anything important about this Notice (the information we collect, how we use it or why) we will provide a prominent link to it for a reasonable length of time following the change on the Website.
If you would like to access previous versions of this Notice please click on the link to archived policies at the top of this page or contact us on the contact details below.
9.4 How to Contact Us
If you have any questions regarding our Notice you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail addressed to:
For users in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), and Switzerland:
Attn: Global Data Protection Officer, SHL Nederland BV, Secoya Building 5th Floor, Papendorpseweg, 99 3528 BJ Utrecht, The Netherlands
For all other users: SHL Group Ltd, Attn: Global Data Protection Officer, The Pavilion, 1 Atwell Place, Thames Ditton, KT7 0NE, UK.
Changes to the Notice
This Notice will be changed from time to time.
If we change anything important about this Notice (the information we collect, how we use it or why) we will provide a prominent link to it for a reasonable length of time following the change.
If you would like to access previous versions of this Notice, you can email the DPO on the contact details above.
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe. We have implemented physical, technical and administrative measures to help prevent unauthorised access or use of your information.
For more information about the security measures we have please see our: Security Policy.