SHL's online coding tests allow applicants to solve real-life problems by running and testing their own source code in our IDE.
45% More Qualified Software Engineering Candidates in the Hiring Funnel
SHL Coding Simulations help reduce false negatives by 45% and improve hiring signals across programming ability, solution logic, time complexity, and industry-accepted best practices.
Widen your technical talent pipeline without compromising quality of hire.
Go Deeper to Assess and Score the Logic of the Candidate’s Solution
- Candidates use code stubs to reduce time spent in the assessment and simulate a familiar coding environment.
- Available for Software Architect, Software Developer, DevOps, Quality Assurance, Data Science, Data Engineering, Full-stack, Front-end, Backend, and more roles.
Assess, Interview, and Hire Faster
- SHL’s coding skills assessments and interviewing platform use preconfigured questions and tests that produce scores aligned to your hiring bar.
- Easy-to-interpret candidate scores and detailed code replay help teams agree on what makes a strong candidate and quickly make hiring decisions.
Easy to Use for Candidates and Recruiters
- 80+ ATS integrations ensure data and process consistency.
- Custom question authoring available to address unique skillsets or select from 500+ pre-configured tests.
- Access all assessments and interview scheduling in a platform unique to each candidate.
How Our Coding Simulations Work
Real-Life Problem Solving
Coding Skills Report
The coding skills assessment scores the logic of each candidate’s code using a benchmark dataset. Teams receive scores and detailed reports, advancing capable software engineers to the next stage.
Smart Interview Live Coding
Recruiters use Smart Interview Live Coding to conduct interviews with qualified candidates. They utilize our question bank to identify relevant questions and tests for the role.
Explore SHL’s Wide Range of Solutions
With our platform of pre-configured talent acquisition and talent management solutions, maximize the potential of your company’s greatest asset—your people.